Dogs are bought into the homes for various reasons like security, safety and companionship. While there are a lot of professional trainers for dogs, some dog owners prefer that they personally train their puppies themselves.
German Shepherd Dogs, also known as Alsatian Dogs, are among the most sought-after breeds of dogs. Known for their loyalty and intelligence, they are ideal as companion pets, they also function as police or farm dogs. They are very regardful of their masters; thus, a great deal of human companions wants to train their German Shepherd dogs. There are different things to consider on Schutzhund training sacramento. The first consideration is the use of monosyllables or one worded commands.
Dogs, like kids, have a short attention span, and monosyllables such as “sit”, “down”, “yes”, “no” are much easier to recognize and remember unlike multiple word commands. When your dog was able to pull off a command accurately, see to it that you “praise” him by petting him or rewarding him with a delicious treat. This will make your dog associate the command with the treat, and will propel him to consistently follow your instructions.
German Shepherd schutzhund training sacramento program wherein the trainers train the dog to attack not because of fear and danger but to defend their masters or when they receive a command to do so. Selective aggression and agility training is the mainstay of attack dog training. Dog trainers and handlers consummate this special training to ensure that the dogs become good protectors of property and able to guard their masters when in danger If you would like to train your dog to attack, you should know that you will be financially or medically liable for any harm that your dog does to someone if it attacks them. Training your dog to attack is a big responsibility.
How to train your German Shepard dog to attack on command for beginners
In most cases if you wish to have a properly trained attack dog; owners seek out a dog that has been trained by a professional who can teach them how to give commands to the dog. Attack dogs usually come from specific breeders and bloodlines and they have been bred for generations for their specific skills. It takes dogs with particularly stable temperaments to be good attack dogs. Otherwise a dog may not be reliable and could harm you or someone in your family, or a friend.
The most important factor to consider if you would like a guard dog is to choose the right breed. Some of the most effective protection dogs are Staffordshire terriers, German shepherds and Dobermans.
You may want to choose a dog that is naturally suspicious and alert that will be a part of the family and will consider you as the pack leader. Starting with a dog inclined to be adaptable, obedient and protective will go a long way when it is time for its training to protect you.
As man’s best friend, dogs have the loyalty and natural tendency to shield their masters. With proper training method, you can teach your dog to attack on command. An attack dog’s mission is to provide personal protection against any threat or danger.
If you would like to train your dog to attack, you can follow the steps below:
1. Talk to a breeder who breeds attack dogs and see about obtaining a puppy from bloodlines mentioned above or the likes. A dog from one of these breeders will be more likely to turn out a good attack dog as an adult as it has the necessary skills and temperament you are looking for.
2. Work with a professional protection dog trainer. This trainer will help you educate your dog basic obedience commands such as Sit, Down, Stay, and Heel. Your dog must be well-grounded in basic obedience before beginning in protection work. You must always have your dog under full control at all times. Dogs doing attack work are never in frenzy. They are always performing under full control.
3. Your dog should be apathetic with stranger and other animals. Your dog should not be too overly friendly and or threatening to other dogs. This requires a dog with an unruffled and balanced temperament who is not easily aggravated. Your dog should ignore other people and animals unless you give them the command to interact or play with them.
4. Working with the professional trainer, you would need to work on your dog’s bite work. You can start with a bite stick and the like and then gradually graduate to working with a person wearing a bite suit. At first, the dog should be on-leash for this training and then you can eventually work on off-leash. Teach your dog to bite the arms and legs of the suit as this is the best way to stop an intruder.
5. It is important that you dog respond to one-word command to attack and to stop the attack. You will need to consistently to use the same commands during protection dog training sacramento.
6. You and your dog can move up to simulating attacks by working with someone wearing the bite suit. Practice giving your dog the command to attack and reward your dog when he attacks as commanded. Always praise your dog and reward him when he lets go and stops the attack as commanded. Move on eventually to training your dog to attack when he sees you as being attacked by the person wearing the bite suit. You dog will need to be taught that he is supposed to protect you when he sees you in danger.
He needs to learn to act on his own conviction that you need help. You need to work hard with your dog to achieve reliable and consistent results. Make sure that you do not half finish the attack training as this can be dangerous to you and others. It’s important to choose a good dog for training and to finish the training that you start. Working with a good professional trainer can make a big difference in how well your dog turns out as an attack dog.
Factors to Consider
This may be one of the most important aspects for a future guard dog. It is imperative that the puppy is exposed to as many new people, things, animals and places as possible. The process of puppy socialization must continue throughout your dog’s life. Because these guard dog breeds are naturally wary of new people and things, it is important that they have these experiences because it can help them decipher what is and what is not a threat.
2. Obedience Training
Your dog must begin the rudiments of protection dog training sacramento at an early age, preferably the first day. Contrary to popular belief, most dogs can be accurately and well trained in a primarily positive manner using motivation based training. It is crucial that the dog has a solid groundwork of obedience skills and reliably performs them in all environments. Clicker training is a fantastic and valuable way to train your young puppy.
3. Clear cut leadership
Protection dog training sacramento must have a clear and defined leadership. Because of their self-assured nature, without the proper training and defined leadership roles, guarding breeds can quickly take over a household. Often times, displays of defiance, unruliness, and unfortunately, misdirected aggression can occur.
Continue reading German shepherd puppies for sale sacramento.
german shepherd training school, german shepherd puppy training videos, how to train a german shepherd to attack, german shepherd puppies for sale in northern california, black german shepherd breeders california